What is expected during a showing?
Time-saving tips to know before requesting a showing
- First, call a lender to get prequalified. You need to know your buying power.
- Second, drive by the home and through the neighborhood. There’s no need to schedule a showing if it is already eliminated because of its location, surroundings, environment, or other unavoidable features (i.e., it’s on a hill you’d never drive up/down in the winter).
Safety, courtesy, and etiquette tips
- If you must cancel a showing, let me know immediately.
- Stay together as we tour the home.
- Make the showing adult only. We have no way of knowing if there are firearms, illegal substances, etc. in the home. Your child’s safety is very important to me!
- Feel free to look around but leave personal property alone.
- Don’t talk price inside the home.
- Leave the property as we found it - Do not leave doors unlocked unless you found them that way. - Leave lights as they are when we arrived. - Watch out for pets. Help keep them contained—for your safety and theirs. - If damage occurs, notify me so that I can inform the listing agent immediately
- Remember the Golden Rule. Respect the home as you would want someone to behave in yours if they were viewing it in your absence.