Buy a Home - Resources
In real estate, having the right agent makes all the difference in the world! Let Krista help you every step of the way.
- Top Reasons to Use a REALTOR Are you looking for a FSBO or do you prefer using an ABR? Did your SRS create a CMS? What?! Not unlike any other profession, real estate has its own acronyms, initialisms, and slang. Everyone wants to save money but the best way to securely navigate this large financial transaction is with the helping hand of an agent. Check out these benefits identified by previous buyers.
- Benefits of Buying a Home Should you rent or buy? Is homeownership for you? There are many pros and cons for each but Redfin has some helpful guides to hel you decide what's best for you.
- What Should You Look for When Buying a House? Odds are that your house-hunting wishlist includes the number of bedrooms and maybe a patio, but not the condition of the sewer lines. But when you’re thinking about what to look for when buying a house, there are some important things to put on your checklist. Check out this helpful buyer guide provided by Trulia®.
- The Top Real Estate Terms You Need to Know Familiarize yourself with the real estate vocabulary with Good Housekeeping's useful glossary.
- What to Know About Buying a House as a Person of Color Here's what you need to know about buying a house as a person of color, including how to protect yourself, how to face the structural problems that continue to harm Black homeowners, and how to be part of a systemic solution.
- How long does it take to buy a house? According to Zillow, On average, it takes 4 ½ months to shop for a home, plus an additional 45-60 days to close on a home once you are under contract.
- Realtor.com's Homebuyer's Guide Homebuying is one of the most emotional -and daunting things you'll ever do. Check out this guide to make informed choices on your way to buying your first home.
- The 6 Scariest Things About Being a Homeowner Owning your own home takes a lot of knowledge, responsibility, resources, and money. What do you need to know?
- How Much Is a Down Payment on a House? Do you need 20% down or will a zero-down payment home loan work? See this article from Zillow exploring your options.